Sunday, June 23, 2013

Taiwan Day 12

This morning I headed to Taipei Main Station to meet up with Melissa, who I have not seen since I graduated from high school. Luckily, she's in Xinzhu for the summer so she came to Taipei today to hang out with me! :) We took the MRT to the Sun Yat-sen station because we were trying to find a famous dumpling restaurant. We walked around outside in the hot hot sun for at least half an hour through all these alleys and stuff, but 我们找不到 :( So we asked people for directions and ended up walking in a gigantic circle, and ended up where we started and still couldn't find it...then I saw some really small yellow sign on the corner, and I was like. WAIT, there it is! And...it was closed. Bwaaaaaaah. 为什么。。。很辛苦。So I guess if anyone is ever in the area, please eat at 王家 and tell me if it's any good :P Instead, we found a Vietnamese restaurant, which was exciting cause it's the first Vietnamese restaurant I've tried in Taiwan.


Came back to my apartment for a bit, and then it started thunderstorming like crazy...but we didn't just want to sit at home so we decided to go to Longshan Temple. Despite the torrential rainfall, there were still tons of people at the temple praying and offering food.





Melissa later tells me, "the news said that the lightning occurred 700 times in the northern area during the storm." Oooops.

We got away from the rain for a bit shopping in the underground mall (one of many) then went back to the apartment to play Kemps. I would like to casually mention that Matt and I were the best team and were very sneaky and won :P

Went to the Sichuan restaurant near our house for dinner, and took this cute picture.


Short post because I'm a day behind so I have homework because school started and I'm tired :( 
对不起。。。

No comments:

Post a Comment