Saturday, June 15, 2013

Taiwan Day 4

Probably the hottest/humid day in Taiwan so far...and it's still only June :(

Charlotte and I headed off to ICLP in the morning because there was supposedly a field trip to Pinglin. But when we got there...ICLP was deserted...but we found a bunch of students in the lounge. So apparently, the trip was cancelled, because no one signed up, which seemed kind of strange. No one ever told us about sign-ups, and the sign up sheet was in a locked office . It's weird that no one signed up, really.

Anyways, so the gang of misguided students went to get breakfast, and I got a pork bun which was delicious until all of the pork fell out of my bun >:(

traitorous pork bun >:(
All of us then decided to check out Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial, which was awesome!! All of the buildings were really amazing.

A tourist in his natural habitat


Look at all those stairs in the background Q___Q


So after walking all over, and up those hugeeeeeEEEEeee stairs, I was really tired bahaha. And the air was really heavy and icky. So we went back to the bubble tea place we went to yesterday again. I don't think there has been a day here when I haven't had bubble tea/milk tea. Except today I did get a green bean shaved ice instead, which was also good.


Afterwards we went to the Maokong Gondola up a huge mountain, which I guess was objectively really cool , but I'm not a huge fan of heights so I thought it was like mehh haha. Although can't argue that the views were not amazing.




Taipower!


Picture stolen from Eric's blog #nofilter #ormaybefilter
shameless plug for his blog: travelingintaiwan.tumblr.com no need to thank me Eric :P
Once we got to the top it was mainly a bunch of food, but there was also this cool temple.

Oh hey there Khan
And then took touristy pictures:

"We have to take a picture for Cindy's blog!" My blog appreciates your support, guys.
Took at least 45 minutes of MRT riding to get back, especially because we messed up a couple of times ahaha. I think we rode every single line on the MRT to get back -___- 
Oh. And remember how I previously said if Charlotte and Connor ever abandoned me I would get lost?
WELLLL. Here is an interesting story.
I think we were getting off of the brown line and the blue line (what we had to take next) was right in front of us, so Rosa and I step out of the brown line car and look around for Charlotte and Connor for like 5 seconds, see them right in front of us in the blue line car, and right as we make eye contact, the door slams shut and they zoom away into the distance. And this all happened in like the 10 seconds between them and us getting out of the brown line car. 
But guess what, I survived for one whole station stop without them. And then we were reunited again. 

But actually let's not let that happen again -__-
And actually, I can only be so adventurous. And my quota for heat, exercise, crowds of people, and socializing were more than fulfilled today. So I was exhausted D:
We picked up sushi from the MRT station on the way home, which is actually not bad, and you get to pick your own pieces separately! 

And so we showered, ate, and then I made the decision to be a gremlin and not leave the apartment for the next 12+ hours yayyyyy.

怎么说 "recuperate?"
Answer: 养病 (Yǎngbìng)

2 comments:

  1. Does the heat and humidity mean that, for the first time in recorded history, Cindy Le has broken a sweat??
    Also, do you remember the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial being discussed in Kubler's class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH. SWEATING IS THE WORST. Hahah. And no I don't remember :(

    ReplyDelete