Thursday, June 20, 2013

Taiwan Day 9

So today was a little bit absurd. We decided to go to Elephant Mountain, which sounds very fun and cute. Now I know to be wary of anything with the word mountain in it. Although Connor tried to argue afterwards that it was a "hiking trail." LIES. Anything that goes at a 75 degree upwards incline for 20 minutes is NOT A HIKING TRAIL. And it was actually more than 20 minutes. It was supposed to be a 15 minute hike for people in shape, and 25 for those who aren't. So basically that means it took me like half an hour?
Got up the first flight of stairs and was already like, "I have made a horrible mistake." And then of course there were spiders the sizes of your hands (no exaggeration) just chilling on the trees that lined the stairs. I am not about this life. 

The death of athleticism
This is a screenshot of a video Eric took of me wherein I reached the top step of the mountain and promptly laid down and did not move. The transcript goes something like:

Eric: Hey Cindy, how're you doing?
Me: *indistinguishable noise*
Eric: You tired?
Me: *indistinguishable noise*

And later...

Me: *ominous whisper* never again....*mentally shakes fist at sky*

And I was actually too tired once I got to the top to even take pictures, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS because I take literally like 50 pictures a day. So Eric sent me a good sequence of pictures that shows the setting sun over Taipei, which are all really really cool! Probably would've enjoyed it much more if I were not dying.




And here is a picture of all of us at the top. I am clearly still dead since I peeled myself off the ground just for this photo.


Chilled on top of these huge rocks and watched the sunset.

#intentionallyblurry #itsartsy
We had a really good dinner though, so I was appeased :3 Ramen for the gazillionth time. I think my entire diet is noodles and bubble tea? Although actually I think I didn't have any bubble tea today! AHHH. It's a miracle. 


And then we finally tried the really cute red bean cake place by our apartment, which was so good! Pretty sure they are freshly made. So yummy mmmm.


Connor would be in this picture...but he was done with his by the time I took out my camera
 -__-


So I guess the moral of today is: food heals all wounds.

But I'm serious. No more mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment