Sunday, June 16, 2013

Taiwan Day 5

Continued being a gremlin today, and got up really late. Charlotte went to explore the city on her own and ended up finding some delicious waffles that had really interesting flavors like mango and caramel.
小丽太可爱了!
Decided to meet up with some more ICLP kids to go visit Yehliu, which seemed pretty awesome. But we got to the bus station too late to buy tickets :( So while we were figuring out what to do, I bought more bubble tea, continuing my streak of one per day. They usually give you plastic bags with your bubble tea, so I said "不要袋子" (I don't want a bag) and the guy was like, okay!

And yet I still got a bag. A situation in which my bad Chinese actually gave me the exact opposite of my intended results -__-
Us hanging out in Not-Yehliu
So we ended up splitting up, and most of us went to a huge shopping center to watch a movie.

Monsters 大学!
 

Had some time to kill before the movie so Eric and I decided to embrace our Asian-ness...


And check out some Taiwanese high fashion...

Perry the Platypus 4ever <3
Until it was finally time for the movie! Which was...


Yeah! Superman! It was a lot different than the films with Christopher Reeve, which are the only ones I've seen. Basically just a really good action film, with horrible dialogue and character development. But who needs that when you have wanton violence and excessive destruction! Aww yeahhhh.

Then we went to check out Shilin night market which is GIGANTIC. The underground section is all food.



The food was good, and really spoke to the recurring theme in Taiwan of, "what exactly are we eating?" There is only so much certainty when pointing at pictures of things you want to eat.

The above-ground section had a tons of shops with cute clothes, and places like this store filled ENTIRELY with cute hair accessories. 

Eric didn't seem to like this store very much for some reason
Adding to my collection of pink things...
So basically this post was just a photo dump. Oops .__.

No comments:

Post a Comment